The purpose of the Waiting Child Committee is to passionately advocate for children who are waiting to be adopted and help facilitate more adoptions of these children through education, awareness, and fundraising.
Committee Chairperson: Carrie Pendergrass
Who are waiting children?
Waiting children are children who have been waiting (or may be at risk for waiting) for an extended period of time to be matched with a forever family. These can include, but are not limited to older children, sibling groups, or children with special needs.
How we carry out our mission:
- Maintain/update Waiting Child Facebook page
- Create bios of available children to provide insight into their unique personalities and spark interest for adoption
- Fundraising & creation of scholarship programs to make adoption of waiting children more affordable
- Provide testimonials of success stories from families who have adopted waiting children
- Provide educational resources for families considering adopting waiting children
- Match prospective adoptive families of waiting children with experienced families for mentoring and support
- Facilitate Q&A forums for prospective adoptive families of waiting children
- Grassroots efforts to increase awareness of the great need for adoption of waiting children